Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Thursday, May 17, 2012

What I Want and a Healthy Me

I was asked what I want from the 2-month Nadoona Body Makeover:
 
1) I would like to experience a transformation (mind mostly and then body) during these 2 months. Even though it is called a body makeover. I know my hardest battle is with my mind, emotions, thinking. So, I am looking for a mind/body makeover. I want to be taught new ways of looking at food and dealing with food and not just told what to eat, how much, and when. I say this because once the makeover is finished and no one is telling me what to eat or do, I need to be able to make healthy decisions on my own. I want to feel empowered and confident in my own ability to make very deliberate and healthy eating decisions not just sometimes but every single time I have a snack or meal. I do not expect to get rid of my cravings and the mad tug-of-war in my head over food in two months even though that would be AWESOME! Lastly, I want to gain tools that I will use successfully for the rest of my life.
 
I was asked what my definition of healthy was and to provide an example
 
2) My definition of healthy depends on if we are talking about healthy eating, healthy thinking, healthy relationships, healthy physical activity,a or a healthy weight. All around healthy for me means that I stay away from extreme rigidity. It means balance. A healthy me looks like a woman who is size 12-14, physical fit and strong, who eats without obsession whether the obsession is on eating the right things or wrong things. A healthy me intuitively knows what portions look like and naturally follows the guidelines for healthy eating. A healthy me can even have a piece of chocolate without eating the whole bag or can have a single serving or few bites of dessert without inhaling it all and wanting more. A healthy me is physically active in a very natural way through walking, swimming and dance. A healthy me does not cope by using food.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment