Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 1

It was harder than I thought it would be. It seems that it is easier for me to fast completely or juice fast than it is to eat properly proportioned meals at regular intervals. But, hey, at least I went to the gym for the first time in like a year! I got my swim on. It was sooo nice. I arrived at 5:25am and swam until 6:05am, showered, and then went to work.

It was so funny to see just how anxious I was to walk in the gym. I saw just thin, fit people on all the ellipticals and treadmills and also lifting weights. Subconsciously, I zoomed in on two thicker girls and felt a bit more at ease. WTH?! Gyms are no less for people like me than for thin people. It was strange to see how i felt like I was intruding on other people's turf. By the end of this Nadoona Body Makeover Challenge, that gym is going to MY turf too.

So, I think I was painfully hungry all day partially due to finally working out. My body was having a tantrum wondering why I was working out and eating right all in one day. I also felt a little sadness during the day, especially at lunch because what I prepared was nothing to get excited about--a turkey sandwich and banana. Interestingly, I learned that when i have prepped turkey sandwiches in the past, I had them far too loaded with turkey meat, avocado, too much mustard or bbq sauce, and whatever else. I am fascinated (not always in a nice way) to see how different normal portion sizes for the day differed from how much I would normally eat. Goodness! I must have been eating like an Olympian as far as caloric intake is concerned.

My dinner made me happy because the chicken breast and sweet potato I made were delish! I also had a slice of bread and leftover tomato from lunch that i sprinkled Mrs. Dash and vinegar on. Oh, how i love vinegar. Even though dinner and my snack of Kellogg's cracker chips made me happy, I am excited for the day when I do not relate emotions with food. I want food to just be fuel and sustenance instead of something that can make me sad or happy. NshaAllah, that day is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment