Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 2 Lunch-Time Struggle

I almost had a moment today at lunch, but Allah is with me. 

I was really dying for salad with cranberries and sunflower seeds and my usual (tangerines, balsamic vinaigrette, and beet strips). I got it, sat to eat it, took one bite while staring at my turkey sandwich I SHOULD have been eating, ...and even though it is my FAVE salad, it tasted literally like butt cheeks or something weird like that. It was AWFUL but great at the same time. :-) It taught me that even though Allah gave me chance after chance to resist, Allah still stepped in after I failed and changed the taste of it or changed how my brain perceived the taste of my fave salad. Suddenly, my turkey sandwich looked and tasted the BOMB! AlhamduliAllah!

Man, that taught me a good lesson. I was so sure I was about to really dig in in that moment of weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment