Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Friday, May 11, 2012

A Cure for the Lunch-Time Blues

A colleague at Pitzer Colleger decided to come on over to eat with me at the last minute and it was so nice!! I finally did not have to eat my healthy lunch by myself. She brought her lunch of potatoes, herbs, mushrooms, and escargot. I had my sandwich and banana. We talked and had fun and then my other colleague joined us toward the end. She brought Costco pizza. OMG, it smelled so good but not good enough for me to salivate or fixate on it. AlhamduliAllah.

I really missed the social interactions with colleagues during lunch and lunch today showed me that I can still stick to my plan and have social time with them. One colleague said she was really proud of what i am doing and she thinks my progress will help inspire her. NshaAllah, I will!

I think I have decided that I will bring my lunch for 4 days per week and allow myself to go out one day and choose healthy options. I just love getting away from work, but sitting out in the patio today did feel a little like an escape.

8 comments:

  1. I need to get away from work more often, so as I said, I'll be doing lunch with you and any of the other girls who are up for it. Together we can inspire each other ~ NshaAllah. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!! U have to get away from ur office. I am so glad u will be coming more often. Yes, let's inspire each other. OMG, you used "NshaAlllah" perfectly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mashaAllah it's always nice to eat with others :) I know what you mean about good smelling food. At work they have a cafeteria with fresh food daily, but I will inshaAllah bring my lunch everyday and not buy anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it, hello! Yes, the companionship helps so my healthy lunch is not like punishment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to support you in this...as soon as I figure out how to use a grocery store and a kitchen. Thanks for your inspiration. ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masha Allah! You can do this, and we shall not give in to temptation, Insha Allah but if we do we will do more cardio!!! lol

    ReplyDelete