Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm Not a Stalker

Last night, I realized that the ortho did not give me the knee brace. I planned to email him this morning when I got to work. Then, while closing my locker in the gym before leaving, my phone rang and I thought, 'don't forget to email or phone message the ortho about the brace late.' Surprise, it was the ortho calling me! I was so excited. He apologized for forgetting to put in the request for the brace and have me go get it down in the Cast Room. I told him that I had an appt this morning there anyway, and I was on my way shortly. We hung up.

When I turned to get my purse off the bench and leave, I thought, 'shoot!,' I forgot to tell him about my fall and how much more my knee is aching since last night and ask what to do about it. I was going to call, but just went on my way since it is impossible to get the doctor when you call the number back. I figured I'd just research on my own or message him later when I got to work.

I picked up my prescriptions (anti-inflammatories) for my knee, and refills on my inhalers and nose spray for allergies) and then went to the Cast Room. The guy who helped me was really nice. He put the brace on and showed me how to put it on correctly and told me to take it off before sleeping.

I left, got in the car, which was on the 2nd level of the parking structure, and reminded myself to tell the ortho about the fall, ask what to do, and also ask how tight the brace should feel. I always remind myself of things throughout the day because I am EXTREMELY forgetful. Seriously, they call me "The Absent-Minded Professor." No joke!

Anyway, as I am descending to parking lot to level one, I turn the corner and see a black man in scrubs walking with an ipod. I get closer and realize, OMG that is the ortho!!!! I pull up next to him quickly to avoid the car so close behind me hitting me and I scare the ortho. He backs up to a parked car quickly and looks totally caught off guard. I roll down the window and wave and say, "HIIIIII!!!" He takes his earpieces off, looks into my passenger window and says, "Oh, hi there!" So, I put my emergency lights on, put the car in park and jump out. He nervously comes over to my side of the car and I pull my leg out and ask if th brace is the right way. He showed me how to know if it was in the right place. Then, I asked him about the pain I am having after the fall last night. He said that I should have put ice on it and that I may fall again if I do not assist myself up with my arm instead of putting weight on my knee. We talked a little more about things I can do and then we said our goodbyes. Then, he turned around and laughing said, "and please stop following me!" I cracked up. It was hilarious! The way I swooped up on him probably could have seemed like I was waiting around the corner for him or something. This all gave me a good laugh this morning. I needed it. I also love all the syncing (synchronicity) in it all..me thinking about calling/emailing...him calling...me thinking about emailing/calling...then, seeing him so randomly in the parking structure.

I don't believe in coincidences, but I am NOT a stalker.

No comments:

Post a Comment