Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Qur'an 2:187 "They Are Your Garments and You Their Garments"

....They are your garments and ye are their garments...

I am so thankful as I stop to think about how my husband is supporting me so much in my efforts. He loves ice cream and sweets and can eat pretty much whatever he wants and gain a little but take it off so quickly. Before embarking on this journey, I explained my intentions to him and he listened. One of the simplest but best things he has said to me was his questions, "Hayati, what can I do to help you with this? What do you want me to do to help you stick to it?"

SubhanAllah, I had often felt lonely when trying to change my eating habits on my own but I see him eat ice cream or chocolate or something else that I also like but was trying not to have. So, knowing that he was so invested in my success this time around made me feel so great. He went grocery shopping for all the foods on my Nadoona-approved list, he went to buy the food scale at the last minute when I forgot all about it, etc. I love love love that he is eating very similarly to me these last three days and he is thinking of healthier options for eating out and spending time with friends. I LOVE that I have not been tortured by seeing him with things that I want to eat.

I cannot say what he eats at work or when I am not around, but he is incredibly supportive around me, including encouraging me to wake up so early leaving the baby with him so that I can go swimming before work (it is too crowded if I wait until after work, plus I would not even go if I had all day to talk myself out of it!). Having him on Team Me makes this MUCH easier even though it is still a struggle. AlhamduliAllah for him and his support and understanding. May Allah reward him heavily.

2 comments: