Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 3 Lunch-Time Struggle

My colleagues and I LOVE to go out to lunch just about every day, so bringing my own healthy lunch has limited my social interactions with them. I can tell that they feel it too. I miss our lunches together cracking up and venting. However, I do not miss stuffing my face not even realizing how much I am eating because I am so enthralled with the conversation.

Today, temptation tapped me on the shoulder again. One colleague emailed a groupon for my favorite Lebanese joint nearby. Then, just being reminded of the food made me crave it so viciously. Then, another colleague wrote that she also was craving it and it sounded like a good lunch plan for today. She then came to me and asked if I brought mu lunch again. Another colleague did the same. On any other day before this makeover, I would have literally jumped to go eat there for lunch. But, I stuck to my guns and said I could not go and I would eat my lunch here. I felt sad about it for just a second until I thought about how the food there is so good but sometimes too salty, that is is a buffet and i would SURELY binge. I also thought about how I would feel afterward: tired, guilty, upset. So, I tore into my sandwich and banana instead. It was so delicious I have almost forgotten about the Lebanese lunch that could have been but wasn't. lol

Disaster avoided, mashaAllah. ShukruliAllah, for the small victories each day.

Oh yeah, I went to the gym again this morning to swim!!! Here is the super-fly suit I wear:
Alsharifa Swimsuit - RIVIERAI swam, lifted water weights, did water squats and also did jumping jacks in the water. I had a blast! The two guys I saw on Monday there greeted me this morning; it made me feel like a regular already. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment