Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Another Member Added to TEAM ME!!! MashaAllah

My CHE gave MAD props to the warriors at Nadoona for having a brilliant strategy to weight loss and fitness and for helping me make such drastic changes in my eating, exercising, and outlook in just a few days.

I had a great appointment with him and set my goal with him to "exercise at least 3x per week for at least 30 minutes." On the confidence scale regarding my success with this goal, I placed it at 9 out of 10. The obstacles that make this a 9 instead of a 10 are my dysthymia and PTSD that when I am down really affect my physical energy. BUT, I am hoping that the exercise I am doing will help me not dip so low when that cloud comes to hang over me for a few days. nshaAllah.

I also listed as my plan to overcome the obstacles:
-right on my blog, talk to my husband about my feelings, ask for encouragement and even ask him to come with me to the gym or for a walk.

The resources to pull from I listed as: Allah, my husband, my daughter, and myself.

I listed my rewards for sicking to my goal as: satisfaction, fitness, and building endurance. He suggested that I have a tangible reward that is not food. So, I decided to finally buy the black pants I have wanted as a tangible reward.

2 comments:

  1. Asalaamu Alaikum

    Dh gave me a printout about weight loss and it said to reward yourself with something that wasn't food like a trip to the beach or some flowers. I went with the flowers! They are starting to die now though :( Time for new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa 'alaykoum assalaam,

    Yes, it is a great idea. I already have my new jeans. I am wearing them today.:-) Enjoy your flowers!

    ReplyDelete