Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Monday, May 14, 2012

Awww, My After-Visit Notes from Visiting with My CHE

From my visit on May 10th, I just got the online notes to patient. I did not read the copy he gave me even though we went over it. He is totally Team Me, mashaAllah!!!!

I also just realized that from my MD visit on April 27th to my visit with the RD on May 10th, I lost 8 lbs!!!! Awesomeness!!

"Positives noted:
- present today, health and healthier weight important
- recognizing use of food as coping mechanism
- success with losing weight in the past
- drinking excellent amount of water
- eating less chocolate
- connecting w/ other Muslim women on same weight loss journey
- planning ahead
- using assertive communication
- less inhibited about accountability
- not eating out this past week, planning ahead
- positive self-talk
- palette is maturing
- wearing swimsuit, going to gym
- and the list goes on and on... :)

Recommendations:
- keep food diary (doing)
- continue limit eating out
- healthier choices when eating out
- increase nonstarchy vegetables
- continue to approach sweets in a healthful manner
- contnue w/ exercising
- keep "living list" of successes

PLAN:
- To exercise at least 3 times per week for at least 30 min (M, W, F)
- To keep food diary consistently and bring at least one week's worth to follow-up appointment.
- Weight Management Support Group - next one is June 11, 6-7:30pm
- Follow-up 4 weeks B.L., LCSW.
- Follow-up 4 weeks this RD.

Patient aware of ways to contact RD via Kp.org or (909) 609-3000.

Ben B., RD
Health Education, Kaiser"

No comments:

Post a Comment