Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cotton Candy is NOT My Friend



I have always loved cotton candy. It is something I rarely have but thoroughly enjoy. It puts a smile on my face and makes me feel like a kid at the fair. I was offered some cotton candy (including the yellow flavor that is my FAVE) and I almost ate it. I held it in my hand for several minutes and the internal dialogue in my head got louder and louder. Just before eating it, the highest part of me said, "You will love it while you are eating it but you will hate it after its done. The serving was 110 and the container had 7 servings. Two months ago, I would have eaten the entire container or at least 3/4 of it. But, mashaAllah, today I sat the cotton candy down, said my almost tearful goodbye, and walked away without a second glance. I learned that cotton candy pretends to be my friend but it is my enemy.

I am proud of this accomplishment. It seems so small, but if you know me and my love of cotton candy, you know that it is no small thing that I did not eat it.

BIG ups to me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment