Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sweet Potato Pie: It is All about Intention

My husband is so cute, mashaAllah. He is being super-supportive to me.

On Saturday night, he and my best friend were going to have ice cream for dessert after the Cuban dinner. I felt a little weird and wondered how I would feel when I would see them eating their dessert and I did not have any. I waited in the car while my husband got the ice creams. When he came to car, he had a big smile on his face and said, "I got this for you, hayati, so you don't feel left out and you can have dessert too." It was a mini sweet potato pie.


I wondered why he would get me pie when I am trying not have any sweets. Then I saw that it was sweet potato and realized that since sweet potatoes were on my meal plan, that is the reason he got it. It was so cute. I knew I would not eat it because even though it was sweet potato, it probably had butter, eggs, and all kinds of sugar and fat.

I did not eat the pie, did not have dessert, and did not see them eat their desserts. So, I did not even think about it all. What a blessing!

Who knew the day would come that I would not NEED dessert after dinner when out of town for the weekend. Either way, the fact that my husband even thought about my feelings when it came to them having ice cream and me not having anything, it was just so sweet. The simplest things are the most memorable and heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment