Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Monday, May 14, 2012

Overeating vs. Restrictive Eating vs. Intuitive Eating

Instinctive Eating Cycle
Why do I eat? -  Hunger
When do I eat? - When I'm hungry
What? - Whatever I want
How? - Intentionally
How much? - Enough to satisfy hunger
Where? - Living my life

Overeating Cycle
Why? - Triggers
When? - External or emotional cues
What? - Tempting or comfort foods
How? - Mindlessly, quickly, or secretly
How much? - Until food is gone or I'm uncomfortable
Where? - Excess fuel is stored

Restrictive Eating Cycle
Why? - Rules
When? - According to the rules
What? - "Good" or allowed foods
How? - Rigidly
How much? - Allowed amount
Where? - Energy is spent on diet and exercise

I used to be in the overeating area and now I am in the restrictive eating stage. I plan to stay here until I can reset my brain and handle how my emotions trigger food cravings and how I respond. I do not know how long I will practice restrictive eating, but I do look forward to being able to make the healthiest choices and intuitively knowing my portion sizes. MashaAllah to restrictive eating and nshaAllah to intuitive eating in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment