Courage

Courage
My journey takes courage every day even if I feel fear sometimes

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Smell of Warm Bean Pie



Last evening, my parents' house smelled soooo good. My nose had such a feast as my eyes were looking for what it was that smelled so delicious. I knew it smelled familiar and sweet, but I could not determine what it was. Finally, my mom asked my dad where the bean pies were and that made me think, 'Ah, yes! The lovely smell is warm bean pie.' I looked around the kitchen and did not see it, but I just stood around inhaling deeply to enjoy the aroma while I could.

We ALL love bean pie in my family, but I don't eat it now because it is far too sweet and I do not need pie of any kind even if it is made with navy beans. If you have never had bean pie, you are missing out on something wonderful. If you have never had a warm or toasted bean pie, you have never experienced heaven in your mouth. lol


Buy a bean pie just once, we buy the mini ones. Toast it upside down on a Foreman or panini grill or even stove top and your house will smell so good and the pie will taste even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment